Telecommunications Services and Rates
- Telephone Service
- Long Distance Calling Service
- Telephone Moves
- Basic Telephone Service Policies
- VoIP Phone System Available Features
- Voice Mail Service
- Data and Fiber Services
- Labor Rate
- Communications Cabling
- Campus TV Service
|Description||Model or Details||Basic
|Voice Service Activation||Install or Move||$56.00
|Basic telephone service without telephone||Jack Only (JO); Telecom provides telephone number and department provides telephone *||$11.13|
|New VoIP Phones
• Corded Phones
|Polycom VVX 311||$11.13||$3.50||$135.00||$56.00|
|Polycom VVX 411||$11.13||$5.00||$185.00||$56.00|
|Polycom VVX 411 expansion module||$5.00||$195.00|
|Polycom 550 Special Order Only||$11.13||$3.50||$200.00||$56.00|
|Polycom 560 Special Order Only||$11.13||$3.50||$200.00||$56.00|
|Polycom 650 Special Order Only||$11.13||$7.00||$250.00||$56.00|
|Polycom 650 expansion module Special Order Only||$5.50||$170.00||$56.00|
|Polycom 335 Special Order Only||$11.13||$3.50||$125.00||$56.00|
|Polycom 450 Special Order Only||$11.13||$4.50||$180.00||$56.00|
|• Conference Phones||Polycom SoundStation 5000||$11.13||$10.00||$350.00||$56.00|
|Polycom SoundStation Duo||$11.13||$13.00||$475.00||$56.00|
|Polycom SoundStation 6000||$11.13||$12.50||$550.00||$56.00|
|Polycom SoundStation 7000||$11.13||$15.00||$760.00||$56.00|
|• Yealink||Yealink W56P Cordless Phone||$11.13||$4.00||$147.00||$56.00|
|Yealink W56H Handset (same number as base)
(different number than base)
|Old Analog Phones||Aastra 9110 single line phone||$11.13||$1.86||$40.00||$56.00|
|Aastra 9116 single line phone with caller ID||$11.13||$2.86||$52.49||$56.00|
|Meridian multiple line telephones
Call (970) 491-1469
|Telephone Extension Line||Aastra (same telephone number with telephone)||$3.65|
|VoIP phone sharing same telephone number (all phones must be in the same room)||$2.65|
|Analog Jack sharing the same telephone number (all phones must be in the same room)||$1.75|
|Add additional lines to existing VoIP telephone||$2.65|
|Phantom Number: A number that is not attached to a phone and is used only for call forwarding purposes.||$2.29||$10.00|
|Dedicated MeetMe Conference||A conference number that can be directly dialed, and does not have to be scheduled through telecom.||$3.10||$10.00|
|Advanced Call Center Agent Line||A second line on a phone for a call center agent to answer calls directed at call queues. Advanced Call Center Details||$10.00||$435.00
|Basic Call Center Agent Line||A second line on a phone for a call center agent to answer calls directed at call queues. Basic Call Center Details||$5.00||$56.00
Moving your telephone requires a Service Order to be placed. Most requests can be completed in 5 business days. This is required for both analog and VoIP telephones in order to comply with e911 regulations ensuring emergency responders will arrive at the correct location when someone calls 911 from a particular telephone.
- There is a $56 fee associated with moving an analog telephone
- There is no fee associated with moving a VoIP telephone
- There will be a $56 fee assessed if you move a VoIP telephone without placing a service order
Basic Telephone Service Policies
- An existing telephone set may be exchanged for an Aastra Caller ID telephone for no charge at the Office of Telecommunications located at E-100 Glover. Please call (970) 491-5881 for availability.
- The client is responsible for leased telephones that are lost or damaged. Telecommunications will replace lost or damaged telephones and assess a replacement fee equal the value of the lost or damaged telephone.
- * Service calls in response to a trouble report caused by customer owned telephones/equipment shall be assessed a one-time $21.00 service fee. CSU Telecommunications does not repair customer owned equipment.
VoIP Phone System Available Features
Refer to the Feature Guide for detailed feature descriptions.
|Feature||Cost||Self-Configure||Self Configuration Note|
|Busy Lamp Field (BLF) / Presence||$10.00*||No|
|Call Forward||$10.00*||Yes||Call Forwarding Rules - myphone.colostate.edu|
|Call Park/Pickup||$10.00*||Yes||*78 + number - can be set as speed dial|
|Hunt Groups||$10.00*||Yes||Call Forwarding Rules - myphone.colostate.edu|
|Intercom Feature||$10.00*||Yes||*76 + number - can be set as speed dial|
|Meet Me Conferencing||$10.00*||No|
|Shared Primary Number (must be in the same room)||$10.00*||No|
|Shared Lines across phones (BLA)||$10.00*||No|
|Additional Line (can be an existing number)||$10.00*||No|
|Sim-Ring||$10.00*||Yes||Forward at same time - myphone.colostate.edu|
|Custom Ring Tones per line||$10.00*||Yes||Menu-3.Settings-1.Basic-4.Ring Type|
|Bria 3 SoftPhone Client for Computer, Smartphone, or Tablet (must have a hard phone for this feature)||$56.00**||No|
|Time Based Find me/Follow Me Call Routing||$10.00*||Yes||Call Forwarding Rules - myphone.colostate.edu|
* You can request as many features as you want per order. Each order is $10. There is no charge for using the Self-Configuration Option. Log in to myphone.colostate.edu.
**You must also purchase a license for the software and incur a $1.75/month maintenance fee
|Exchange Voice Mail||$10.00||$3.00|
Data and Fiber Services
Contact Pat Demchok
|Activation of Existing Drop||* No charge|
|Move Existing Drop||* No charge|
|Patch Cords||$10.40 - $14.20|
* If a new patch cord is required, you will be charged for the patch cord.
- Telecommunications standard labor rate is $62.00/hr.
- An expedited service request shall be billed at $125.00/hr.
- Work requested to be scheduled outside of normal CSU business hours may be subject to time-and-a-half charges of $93/hr depending upon whether resources are available during the times requested
(minimum 2 hours charge).
- Contact Heidi Friedrich at (970) 491-1469 to request expedited or non-business hours service.
These costs apply to new data drops requested.
|Cable Type||Installation Fee/Drop|
|Category 5E||$162.00 (campus standard)|
|Plenum||Fire resistant and low smoke|
|Category 5E||$187.00 (campus standard)|
- Rates include labor and materials. The rate assumes that pathways from the nearest communications room to the location of the communications drop is available. Additional charges may be required when pathways are not available and/or when conduit or cable trays are required.
- Telecommunications, upon request, will identify whether the installation requires plenum or non-plenum cable and the category of communications cable suited for the application.
- Colorado State University no longer installs Category 3 communications cable and has removed it from its standards document.
|New TV Jack Installation||$112.00/connection|
|New Building TV Feed Installation||Heidi Friedrich (970) 491-1469|
|Order TV Service or Disconnect||Heidi Friedrich (970) 491-1469|